IPL is known as the gold standard treatment for reducing facial redness (broken capillaries, rosacea) and sun damage (dark spots, freckles). IL stands for Intense Pulsed Light – and it works by destroying the redness+pigmentation with light and heat while the surrounding tissue is left unharmed
- With every pulse of the treatment a flash of light will be emitted and you may feel a slight snap of an elastic band that is very temporary.
- A series of treatments is recommended in order to achieve the best results, spacing them out every 4 weeks.
- SPF goes hand in hand with this treatment, as we want to prevent the pigmentation from darkening since we are trying to lighten it.
- Facial treatments are most common but we also see a lot of clients looking to target redness and pigmentation on their chest, neck and hands.
- Now is the ideal time of year to help reverse any sun damage acquired from summer. Feel free to book a consultation so we can determine if IPL treatment is right for you.